This webinar, entitled “EaaSI Metadata Model and Wikidata,” addresses questions such as:
- How does your organization create, manage or discover metadata about software and related resources now?
- What would you like to be able to do with software metadata?
- Do you foresee any privacy or Intellectual Property (IP) issues with sharing metadata about software?
- Some of the things we need to document for EaaSI and to support the outputs and outcomes of EaaSI are odd and challenging to justify including in external databases like Wikidata, such as derivative software environments with minor changes. What strategies can you suggest for raising awareness of their importance?
- One software environment could be very similar to another, e.g. it may be identical but just have a setting changes such as the default application that is used to open a particular file format may have been changed from WordPad to Microsoft Word, in such a situation what should we name or how should we otherwise document the environments to distinguish them easily?
Michael Olson (Stanford University)